Sunday, August 7, 2011

Is this a valid reason for a doctor to induce labor?

I have arthritis in my knees, back, and hands. This pregnancy has been really rough on me and now at 37 weeks the baby's weight has made it very difficult to move and almost impossible to complete daily tasks. I can't take my med.s due to pregnancy and Tylenol isn't doing crap for me. It hurts to move. I'm already in early labor and dilated to 1 cm. On top of all this doctors think I may have a mild form of tuberous sclerosis ( there is a 50% chance of me passing it on to my child, I didn't know I could be carrying this till after I saw a high risk OB). This can cause seizures and retardation. The stress is starting to throw me into a depression along with my inability to get around the house. If I explain this to the Ob do you think she would swipe my membrane or induce me? I am terrified of her thinking I'm being selfish or pushy...

No comments:

Post a Comment