Friday, August 5, 2011

Seniors - Redecorating my bedroom and I need some ideas?

Right off the bat I would have to know how big the room is and how many windows and doors. I have some great ideas for a 40's room. A dressing table with two lamps and a round mirror is a must. Colors of the 40's would have been deep green, deep red, deep blue. colors were dark after all they were at war all over the world. Later 40's might show brighter colors but most of the 40'w were deep dark colors. Anyway, let me know room size, windows and doors and I could be a lot more helpful. EDIT: Nice size room. I can picture it now. You only have one window so you don't want to go to dark. Full princess curtains were so fashionable back then. Maybe you have seen them in books. Sheer curtains with a ruffle down the sides and around the floor side. They were very full and then tied back. Both round and square items in the room. Square table, round lamp or visa versa. Wall paper was also popular and large patterns of flowers or leaves was very popular. The furniture was mostly of dark wood at that time or maple. If you can afford it because your room is large enough to have a nice lounge chair with an ottoman or maybe two. Sounds like a fun project. You can look up 40's art for the walls. There was a nice variety. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment